It is not uncommon for people to know they want to undertake a building project—and to have thought a great deal about what they want—but to be unclear on how best to start...or worse yet, to launch into design services without carefully establishing the groundwork for the project.
Just as you would not expect your doctor to prescribe a medication for you without first diagnosing your illness, likewise it is very risky to begin design without first establishing your project’s unique objectives and parameters.
It is for this reason that we have developed the Vision and Strategy Review, a necessary first step to establishing the basis of your project.
The Vision and Strategy Review works the same way. It is an exploration of the requirements, constraints, and potential roadblocks for your project, and it yields the following benefits:
• Obtain a registered architect’s opinion on the feasibility of your project—one who is experienced with the type of project you’re considering.
• With the proper research up front, minimize your risk of faulty design decisions and save money in the long run.
• Explore your goals for the project in a structured format.
• Determine if we are the right “fit” for you and your project before fully committing to further design services.
The Vision and Strategy Review is a structured process during which we will:
• Meet with you on site to discuss your objectives for the project.
• Develop an outline brief describing functions, uses, and spaces required.
• Review site options (e.g. solar orientation) and identify regulatory issues (e.g. zoning).
• Discuss the “look and feel” of the ideal design scheme.
• Discuss the functional viability of the project and your ideas.
• Provide a rough "order of magnitude" estimate of the potential construction cost.
• Provide an estimate of the design fee.
The findings from the process described above will be compiled in the Vision and Strategy Review report, which we will be happy to review with you. If you decide that we are not an ideal “fit” for you and your project, you are free to take the review report to another designer so that they may continue the process.
The investment for the Vision and Strategy Review is $1575, inclusive of the initial site visit and the follow-up meeting.